Become a CompetentRoofer
Benefits of Becoming a Registered Contractor
- Able to self-certify that your roof refurbishment work complies with Building Regulations
- Save time – no more waiting for a Building Control inspector to approve refurbishment roofing works
- Save money – no call out costs for Building Control inspectors; the Building Regulations Completion Certificate charge starts from as little as £40
- Gain a competitive advantage over non-CompetentRoofer members as your customers will not be charged for Building Control Inspectors or have the inconvenience of waiting for an inspector to visit, thus providing added reassurance to your customer
- Access to the Building Regulations Handbook and regular updates
- Technical advice and training available
- Vehicle stickers and recognisable logos issued
- Website listing; members of the public can ‘find a CompetentRoofer’ near them – leading to increased business and be re-directed to your own website.
- Independent inspectors will verify your work
- Help the industry stamp out ‘cowboy’ roofers
- Hot-line for members to report property owners or roofing contractors who fail to comply with Building Regulations
The cost to join CompetentRoofer are as follows
|All prices excluding VAT|
|One-off joining fee (CoRC Members Rate)||£345|
|Annual Membership Fee*
(includes the cost of 2 inspections)
* The membership fee is collected by Direct Debit in 12 monthly instalments.
** The certificate cost for an average domestic roof (up to a value of £25,000) with a 10 year insurance warranty; costs for large, industrial and commercial projects will vary.
Example of how CompetentRoofer could save you money
member costs for
certificates* per year
|Representative charge per year
for using Building Control (LABC)*
(costs vary across the UK)
|20 refurbished roofs
|£800||£4000 – £8000|
50 refurbished roofs
£10,000 – £20,000
* Comparison costs based on domestic contracts for 10 years only.
Contact: Competent Roofer for more information on 0207 448 3189
Following this you will be asked to complete a detailed application form and provide evidence of
Employers Liability insurance certificate showing indemnity of £10million
Payment of the joining fee
On receipt of the fully completed application form and payment of the joining fee you application will be submitted to be processed
Applicants must undergo an inspection of a work in progress to ensure that their work complies with Building Regulations. All CompetentRoofer members will be subject to at least 2 random site inspection every year to ensure that standards are maintained)
When all of the above have been satisfied the contractor will become a CompetentRoofer member; if the contractor does not meet the requirements of CompetentRoofer, their application will be rejected.